What participants are saying about Be the Music®
- The Bubs Foundation are the angels of Codman Academy because they have provided a music program for us that we wouldn’t have had without them. We are deeply appreciative for their generosity for giving our students an opportunity to sing and have fun through song.
Meg CampbellHead of School, Codman Academy
- Teaching the kids was a life-altering experience. For the first time in my life, I was able to accomplish something constructive outside the cocoon of student life. It forced me to work harder than I’d ever had to work. Although the experience was often stressful, those feelings were ultimately eclipsed by both a sense of creative achievement and the joy of having formed a working and friendly relationship with a younger generation.
Be The Music® TeacherA Cappella Recording Engineer
- A cappella is the perfect way to teach music to teens, as well as the least expensive. By having them sing in harmony, they learn that the whole is greater than the individual parts. A cappella and harmony has been an important element of popular music over the past decade. Using songs that teens are already singing, as well as a variety of well known classic pop songs, Be The Music® makes it easy for students to become musicians.
Deke SharonFounder, Contemporary A Cappella Society of America
- It has been an honor to work with an organization so passionate about both music and youth. The results of the Be The Music® have been inspiring. I am looking forward to seeing more schools reclaim music through this program, once again making it an important component of their students’ education.
Alyssa JonesDirector of Vocal Music Programs, Boston Arts Academy (High School)
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for selecting Boston Arts Academy as a pilot school for the Be The Music® program. Through their participation, our voice students learned valuable lessons about teamwork, commitment and professionalism. Also, they further developed skills essential to their work as musicians. We are excited to continue our relationship, as we look to expand the program to include students from other arts majors. On behalf of the music faculty and the school administration, please accept our sincerest thanks for a meaningful experience.
Linda NathanHeadmaster, Boston Arts Academy
- This is my first experience with being a part of the musical direction of a group. Its something I’ve been interested in since I started singing in middle school, but have never had the opportunity to pursue. Though it can be challenging to keep the attention of the kids at times, it is very rewarding to see their excitement after performing a song well or hearing them say that they are becoming better musicians for being a part of the program. One student said how he is starting to rely more on the music for learning and less on listening to how his part should go. It is exciting to be part of a program where the kids get such a unique experience of both singing with an a cappella group and reinforcing or teaching basics of performance.
Andy BergnerBe The Music Teacher, College Student